Please read the following rules below. You will be required to sign a form acknowledging these rules in order to participate in the auction.
1. All payments must be made by CASH or CASHIER’S CHECK payable to ADESA Washington DC.
2. Each buyer must pay a non-refundable registration fee of $20 at each sale.
3. The doors open at 7:30 a.m. and the sale starts at 9:30 a.m. Only registered buyers with a visible bid badge are allowed in the sales arena. No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the auction arena. NO GUESTS. NO admittance after 10 a.m.
4. Vehicle inspection available on Wednesday morning prior to the sale. Repo vehicles are designated with a "P" sticker in the bottom corner of driver’s side windshield. Vehicle may be started but TEST DRIVES ARE PROHIBITED.
5. At the conclusion of the repo sale, the public must leave the premises. At this point, this is a dealer only sale. This is in compliance with state law and insurance requirements. Police and security will enforce these rules. Buyers who do not purchase a vehicle must leave the auction arena within 10 minutes of the end of the public sale. Failure to vacate the arena will forfeit the deposit.
6. A $500 deposit is required for any anticipated vehicle purchase. One (1) bid badge will be issued for the $1000 deposit paid. Bid badge is two-part and one part must be surrendered at time of purchase while second part will be used to claim the vehicle purchased. If no vehicle is purchased, both parts of the bid badge must be presented before deposit will be refunded.
7. Vehicles are not permitted to be sold on an "IF" basis.
8. If a vehicle is purchased, the deposit will be applied to the purchase price. Remaining balance is due by 5 p.m. the day of the sale. After 5 p.m., a $175 late fee will be assessed. Failure to pay the balance by 5 p.m. on Thursday will result in the vehicle sale being voided and deposit will be forfeited.
9. After receipt of balance in full, the title will be released to named purchaser. Purchaser must take title to Department of Motor Vehicles and transfer ownership. NO VEHICLES WILL BE RELEASED UNTIL PROOF OF REGISTRATION AND PROOF OF INSURANCE IS PROVIDED TO ADESA.
10. Under federal law, the individual listed above must be the purchaser of the vehicle. Title will only be signed over to the above listed individual.
11. According to Virginia state law, all vehicles purchased during the Public Sale are subject to sales tax. Sales tax amount must be paid at the DMV when registering the vehicle.
12. ADESA Washington DC reserves the right to bar any public buyer from participating in the auction.
13. The undersigned acknowledges that any purchase is without representations or warranties from the seller (lending institution) or the auction.
14. The seller and the auction assume no responsibility or liability for mechanical or structural damage. Buyer assumes all responsibility for damages to the vehicle or for injury caused by the vehicle after payment is made.
15. Buyer realizes and agrees that neither ADESA Washington DC nor the seller is responsible for the accuracy of the odometer, the reading of the odometer or the odometer statement.
16. Deposit will be returned only to the registered buyer with proper identification.